10 Secrets to Clean Carpets by Hiring a Professional Cleaner
You have probably tried and tested every method under the sun in order to keep your home sparkling clean. Yet, you will find that the carpets will gradually become the victims of for spills, accidents, drops and much more. It is important to know the hidden secrets of carpet cleaning so that you can maintain their quality for longer. This blog post will discuss the 10 secrets for cleaning carpets from the professionals to restore their luster and maintain them for a long time.
- Blot stains without rubbing them – You may remove the stains by using a cleaning solution, a clean cloth, a sponge or paper towels. Since blotting applies some pressure on the stains at the time of soaking, rubbing can cause the particles to be scattered in the carpet fibres. This, in turn, may cause premature breakdown of the fibres. Make sure that you blot from the outer part of the stain in an inward motion as blotting outwards may be the reason for stain spread.
- Club soda process – Club soda is quite effective against wine and beer stains. You need to spot the area by outing soda on the cloth. In case it does not work, try to mix white vinegar in one part and pour it in a sprayer that can be handheld. After this, spray your solution on the stained area and allow it to sit for at least 10 to 15 minutes so that it can be absorbed properly. Press the sponge on the area to soak up the stain and the solution. Rinse the area with hot water after the stain is removed. Use your hands for brushing the carpet strands in the natural direction and then lay white paper towels on the area. The towels will absorb the dampness from the carpets and leave the towels in place till the carpet gets dry.
- Use shaving cream – Professionals who offer carpet cleaning services London said that the most suitable carpet cleaner for the stains is a shaving cream that removes every kind of stain quickly. You will have to apply this shaving cream on the stain and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes. After the shaving cream has been set, make sure you blot it away by using a dry cloth. Finally, finish the process by spraying on the area with vinegar and water and then wipe away the solution with a piece of cloth.
- Take freeze-dried gum – You are busy chewing gums and you do not even realize it till you throw that sticky thing on the carpets. In order to get it out, you need to take some pieces of ice-cubes and clean the carpets properly. Try to freeze the gum for at least 30 seconds with ice cubes and after the gum gets frozen, take a spoon to lift the glob and cut the carpet strands close to your gum. If you cur just a small part of the carpet, then the spot won’t be noticeable.
- Grease versus dishwasher detergent – The most suitable method for difficult-to-clean stains is by putting one or two drops of grease-cutting dishwashing detergent in one cup of water. This will cut the grease in the carpet in the same way like your dishes. After this, you need to store this solution in a spray bottle and then spray it on the stain. You will have to do this several times if you are trying to remove a larger stain.
- Heat wax – If you burn candles in your house, then this may lead to wax dripping on the carpet when it will be embedded and dry quickly. You need to heat it back up if you’d like to get rid of it. Try to put a white cloth and put the iron on top of the wax in order to warm it up. Finally, scrape off the wax by using a butter knife. Make sure that you use white towels since colored ones may transfer the colour onto the carpet when it gets heated up, particularly if you use a light-colored carpet.
- Hydrogen peroxide for complete rescue – Some carpet stains are quite similar to blood marks. But when you suffer from a cut on your finger and few drops of blood fall on the carpet, then this does not mean that the material is damaged completely. Make sure that you lose up the blood that is dried with mild detergent and water. After this, scrape off the blood from the fibers before applying hydrogen peroxide on the stains. This solution will foam at the time of getting in touch with the blood and apply hydrogen peroxide with towels for drying the carpet completely.
- Clean pet accidents in an organic way – You might have trained the pets really well and yet, they can have an accident on the carpets. It is advised to use organic cleaners rather than buying harsh chemicals that are not at all good for the carpets. Spray the cleaner on the strain and make sure that you scrub properly with a clean cloth. Eco-Spot cleaners are used to get rid of all kinds of stains such as – coffee and sauces.
- Candy is crushed badly – If you have kids, then it is just a matter of few minutes for the candy to go all over the carpet and stain it. You need a butter knife or a spotter brush for cleaning the carpets properly when this happens. Use a sponge and then apply water with mild soap to get rid of the stains. Make sure that you get all the sugar out of the area from the carpet to eliminate any dirt and debris easily. After the candy has been removed, make sure that you dry the spot by blotting it with a cloth.
- Deep clean the area regularly – Cleaning the carpet is necessary so that it looks fresh and new all the time. You may opt for steam cleaning that involves taking a cleaning solution and injecting it deep in the carpets with water nozzles. Then take a machine that will extract the entire solution with dirt and dust from the carpets. The water begins to penetrate the fiber to the backing so that embedded soil gets loosened. You need to remove oil as well as deposits of grease to get the carpets cleaned extremely well. Deep cleaning every six months is certainly a wise decision to retain the life of your carpets for several years.
You need to search for the best carpet cleaning company in London where the carpet cleaners offer quality and on-time services to customers so that you can retain them for many years to come.