11 Vital Steps to Take Care of Carpets after Thorough Cleaning
Did you call the professionals for cleaning your carpets? If yes, then you must be aware about necessary instructions to follow after carpet cleaning is done. You will be advised to walk on the carpet with clean feet that denote your extreme care. If the carpet is wet, then you should avoid using them for sometime till it gets dried completely. This can make other floor surfaces slippery too both during and after cleaning work is done. Read on to know about some steps that ensure your clean carpets remain in good condition after they are cleaned properly by the specialists.
- Children and pets should be away from damp carpets –You should not allow children and pets to touch damp fibers or carpets. Do not walk wearing socks or barefoot and put soled shoes when walking on damp carpet. The socks, soiled shoes or bare feet may re-soil damp carpets easily.
- Detergents, sanitisers and other cleaning products – The cleaning products are used to clean properly by meeting with the cleaning specifications. It is always a good decision to prevent damp surfaces as the cleaner suggests sensitivity is rare and so, you should try to avoid dermal contact as much as possible.
- Time needed to dry the carpets – Drying carpets usually require 24 hours and when you close the house on a dry day, you should not switch on the fans. Alternatively, you should keep the windows open on a humid day and lessen the drying time to 8 hours.
- Your carpets are getting rippled – The carpets begin to ripple on a short basis and the old ones or improperly installed carpets generally ripple. You need to call the technician and know when rippling takes place. But the cleaner won’t be responsible for the repairs to be done of your rippled carpet.
- Rust stains or red marks when furniture is placed on a carpet – It is suggested that you do not put the furniture on drying or damp carpet. Also, avoid removing plastic tabs or blocks for the next 24 hours and do not place furniture on the carpet before it gets dried.
- Your carpet becomes dirty after cleaning is done – When you walk on a carpet that is wet, it will re-soil even after thorough cleaning. You should practice the habit of taking out your shoes before walking on the carpet so that you can maintain them for a long time.
- Right time to do vacuuming – You should not vacuum before 48 hours as it can remove coatings and protectants and you may hear debris and sand in vacuum. Regretfully, the cleaning that eliminates unwanted dirt and soils can denote some damage due to direct exposure of sun rays and partial or complete color loss from the already used spot cleaners. The spot cleaners may react in due course and so, even though the spot was not clear though the dirt was present, you can still eliminate the unwanted dirt easily.
- Get rid of all the unwanted stain marks – The spills of coffee, red wine, hair dye, paint, nail polish, rust may be permanent. The age, heat and deepness of these stains might affect overall success. You can target these stain marks to eliminate them on your own and the more things you apply on them, there are greater risks of setting them permanently.
- Some stains return back after the carpet gets dried – The dirty carpets accumulate a lot of dirt at their base and underneath that usually evaporate up and the deeper dirt back at the tip. Certain stains appear again they cannot be seen when the carpet is wet but they return back immediately after it gets dried up.
- Some odors might be there for smell – The odors become stronger after the cleaning work is done because the humidity will intensify them and they begin to smell more. After this, it will dissipate and might go away. There are certain hidden spills which can set off and even infect the air and these cannot be anticipated by the cleaner.
- Eliminate the odors and allergies – There are cleaning projects that need to be conducted for restoring the carpet or fabric. The technicians use right formulations and methods according to industry standards and they are not responsible for the sensitivities and ensure complete removal of allergies and odors.
Thus, you need to take the help of professionals who provide carpet cleaning services and ensure that the carpets last for a long time with proper cleaning and maintenance.