6 Smart Tricks to Clean Your Carpets Properly
You turn around one day and find that your carpets are a shade darker than what they were when you first bought them. You find that you have done a great job in carpet cleaning only to know how dirty the rest of the carpeting is. The carpets in every home have to cope with all kinds of debris and stains which over time can cause them to lose their natural shading. Unwashed carpets may become a shelter for the dust mites that put certain people at a greater risk of breathing and skin problems thus, causing allergies.
Vacuuming the carpets properly is not sufficient enough to clean the carpet completely. Rather, you will have to reach deep into the carpet pile where the dirt and dust accumulates all the time. Read on to know the 6 ways on how you can clean your carpets properly.
- Wash the carpets properly – You need to wash and clean the carpets every three months with a carpet shampoo that has a protector like Scotchgard. This will add a stain protector to the carpet. In case space becomes a concern, it is suggested to hire a machine for the entire carpet cleaning work.
- Remove the carpets carefully – It is necessary to remove the indents as well as impression marks on the carpets caused by your furniture. You can do this by taking an ice cube and rubbing it on the affected area.
- Get rid of stain marks completely – You have to take proper care with liquid stains as over-blotting will push the spill into the carpet fibres which will make the stain worse. Make sure that you treat those stain marks quickly after it takes place with a carpet cleaner that will lift up the liquid before it dries and settles into the carpet.
- Pre-treat those stain marks – You may use a pre-treatment on those badly stained areas before you think of deep-cleaning your carpets. This can shift the stains from beneath thus, making it ready for the carpet cleaner at Ryan Carpet Cleaning to lift it away. There are some stains like mud and chocolate that must be treated after the stain is completely dry. Tea, coffee, red wine and food have to be removed when the carpet is still wet.
- Dry the carpets thoroughly – Your carpets should not be over-wet as the dyes from backing materials or underlay might make the material bad. You may use a dryer to dry those treated areas quickly.
- Try to vacuum the edges of your carpet – It is necessary to vacuum the edges of your carpet and below the radiators by using crevice tool. This can help to avoid black lines from forming from around the skirting board.
You may hire a professional cleaner who can provide carpet cleaning services in London so that you can get your carpets cleaned properly and free them from stain marks within a short time. Thus, you can stay protected from unwanted diseases and lead a healthy life.